Monday 18 August 2008

Welcome to my blog

Hello and welcome to In Sickness and In Health.

My name is Helen Jaques and I'm a medical writer and copy editor based in London, UK. My main interest is in clinical medicine, particularly evidence-based medicine and clinical practice. I plan to blog about interesting clinical trials I spot in the primary literature and give my take on medical and health stories in the mainstream press.

I'm interested in web 2.0 and how the internet can be used to help doctors and patients, and also how web-based applications can make life a bit easier for the rest of us too. I'm also interested in publishing and the media, and follow various issues affecting journal and book publishing and the print news industry.

I hope this gives you some sort of idea what to expect. You can get a look what sort of thing I'm likely to blog about by having a look at my bookmarks on Connotea.

I hope you enjoy my blog and I look forward to reading your comments!

No comments: